Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good News

At Jacob's late treatment the doctor measured the bump on his head and it had already shrunk a half a centimeter!  She had told us before we started that if it hadn't grown in three months that would be good because that means it wasn't growing.  She wasn't expecting it to shrink so quickly at all.

Jacob also hasn't been having any more headaches.  I was really concerned that he would be suffering from pain as well as the chemo, but his pain is gone.

The pill camera results came back and everything looks great.

He is still battling fatigue and grumpyness, but it comes and goes.  So far he has been able to keep up with school as far as I know.  The worst part is that we have to spend an afternoon every week at the hospital, not getting home until 6:00 at the earliest.  Then I have to pick up the girls (from the wonderful people that watch them), have dinner, and get homework done all before 7:30 or the kids are too tired the next day.  Scott works Wednesday evenings, so I'm doing this all by myself.  But, all in all, that's not so bad.  And, the ward has been great in providing dinners for me on Wednesdays.

So, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.  We are really benefiting from them.

2 comments:

Ricki said...

We're so happy to have heard this news. And we are also thankful you have good friends and a good ward to support you. We pray for you all continually. Love you.

Heather Hemmert said...

I've been thinking about Jacob a lot lately, and he's been helping me without knowing it! So this comment is to him:
Jacob, I've been having really horrible headaches a lot lately, and it makes me feel weak and lonely because of all the pain. But every time I have a headache, I think of you and what all you're toughing it through, and it strengthens me to know that if you can get through your headaches, go to school, deal with chemo, and still be a fun little boy, then I can get through my headaches too. It reminds me that I have nothing to complain about, because I have such a strong nephew! So thank you for your great example! And I'm SO happy you're not having such bad headaches anymore!