Well, we met with the blood sugar doctor for Becca on Wednesday. He didn't really tell us anything new. He just said that Becca's blood sugar counts when she was in the hospital were at 51 (low is below 50) and usually seizures make it go up, so it must have been low when she had hers. He just told us to make sure she doesn't go 16 hours without eating, and if she had a stomach virus again, we need to take her to the hospital to give her fluids. He also said that as she gets older, we shouldn't need to worry about it as much.
She hasn't had any more seizures since then and she is not on any medication. Personally, I just think that her seizure threshold gets lowered when she gets sick. I hope that as she gets older, I won't have to worry about it as much, but until then, I will just keep her seizure stopping medicine handy whenever she is sick.
1 comment:
Good!
Post a Comment