*Warning* Long, rambling entry just to voice frustration. Not medically pertinent.
Today I went to go get Jacob's schedule at Bailey Jr High. I was thinking that I would show my proof of address and they would give me his schedule. Boy was I wrong! We got in one line to get the check list for all the different stations. Then we got in another line to get paperwork. Then we got in a very long line to turn in that paperwork and get some more. While I was in that line, I looked over the check list. One of the items was immunizations. Oops, I did not bring his shot record. I never heard that he needed it. I only heard proof of residencey. I guess I wasn't listening closely enough. I found someone to ask while I was in line and they told me that I needed to have the shot record. So, we went home and got it. I also grabbed his birth certificate just in case. We went back and got into that long line again. When we got to the end of that line, we got to go to the nurse line. Jacob was getting more and more excited. He really wanted to get his schedule and find out where is locker was. We got to the end of that line at last and found out that Jacob didn't have all the shots he needed. We couldn't go any farther towards getting his schedule. The poor boy was devastated. I called up his regular doctor to get the shots, but he hasn't had a physical for a while (I've been busy with other doctor appointments) so they couldn't give him shots. I went to a health clinic and there was a three hour wait to get shots! Luckily, there was a shot clinic going on down the street. We stopped in at home for a quick snack and went on to the shot clinic. Right before I got to the nurse to get his shots I started wondering if the vaccinations would be bad with the chemo he is starting on Wednesday. The nurse said that three of the four he needed would be fine, but one she wasn't sure of. She gave him those three and then I called Jacob's chemo doctor about the other one. She said that he should just not get the shots. Well, we already got three of the four, but it was ok. (If I just would have told the nurse at Bailey he was starting chemo on Wednesday, we could have avoided all of this!) We went back to the school, got his schedule at last, and it had him having his hardest class last period. Since he is going to be having chemo once a week all year in the afternoon, that class was not the best to have at the end. We were able to get that fixed right there, which was very nice. He now has reading last. That shouldn't be a problem at all. :-) We then found all of his classrooms so he will be ready a week from Monday. This whole time he was still hurting and a bit weak from his surgery yesterday. We got home at about 3:30. It took six hours just to pick up a schedule! Then I took him back to Bailey at 4:30 for an AVID meeting. (He is soooo excited about AVID.) I'm beat. My poor girls had to be home all alone all day and then I come home and am grouchy, tired, and don't want to do anything but sit on the computer. Well, at least all bad days do come to an end eventually. :-)
2 comments:
Poor baby!
What a day! This is why God gives children to young women! Give Jacob a big hug for me.
Post a Comment