Friday, May 10, 2013

Update

Radiation is done!  Boy, that was a long six weeks.  It is so nice to not have a single doctor appointment today!  
The plan:  On June 10th he will have another MRI and we will get the results on the 11th.  After that he will have another MRI at least every three months.  We are all praying that the tumor doesn't come back and we can be done with that stage of his condition.
He has his appointment with the GI doctor on the 10th so we will then find out when his next colonoscopy is.  Hopefully the polyps won't be too bad and we can avoid the colectomy for as long as possible.
This is the mask that he had to wear for all his treatments.  His doctor colored Shaggy on it.  The nurses were so nice.  They gave him a treat almost every day and also gave him a Wii game when he was done.  They spoiled Rebecca as well.  Rebecca is very happy to not have to go to the "zapping" doctor anymore.
His neck is pretty raw like a bad sunburn, but it isn't bothering him too much.  We just keep putting aloe on it.  He will be glad to have his hair grow back to try and hide everything.

1 comment:

Heather Hemmert said...

I'm so glad you have this blog so I can keep up with what's been going on. I read these posts and all I can think about is how much I love Jacob and your family and how proud I am to know someone as strong as you all!