We have been preparing for this pinewood derby race for a long, long time and we are so glad that it was fun and that it is OVER!
Jacob made his car a rocket this year. He cut all but the bottom off of his car and then they put a dowel on top of it as the rocket. It turned out really cool. Jacob designed it pretty much all by himself. Scott just helped with the attaching it to the car base. I knew I should have taken a picture before the race, but I didn't and now the only good ones I have are with one of the tail fins missing, but oh well.
Elizabeth loved racing her new toy hamster up the track. It was really cute.
Scott made really cool trophies for first, second and third as well as "The Coolest Concept," "Most Out of This World," "Best Paint Job," and 1st, 2nd, 3rd slowest. The slowest ones were the coolest by far! (I helped a little with the painting, turtle heads and lettering.)
If you look close, you can see Jacob's rocket car in front!
Yeah! Jacob came in first!
This is the only picture I have of the "Snake Rocket," as Jacob call it, while it was still in one piece.
Jacob came in third (out of 4) in the Bear den and won the trophy for "Coolest Concept." He was so happy that he won a trophy. Scott wanted to make different trophies so that the boys would be rewarded for creative designs and not just the fastest designs. I think next year there are going to be a whole lot more "original" cars than this year.
2 comments:
I am so proud of you all! Scott, thank you for putting so much time and effort into this. I always hated it when it was only about the fastest. And the trophies were fantastic. Thanks Gwen for your artistic help, too. And Jacob - way to go!!! I love your rocket car.
Oh, and Gwen - hope you'll post it on the family blog. Everyone would enjoy it.
Post a Comment