Friday, October 2, 2009

Becca's New Glasses

A couple of weeks ago, Rebecca had a check up with the eye doctor because of her prematurity. The doctor told me that she was far-sighted like Jacob. I asked if this was because of all the oxygen that she was on, but he told me that usually resulted in near-sightedness, so it is all genetic. It is a blessing that she was born early or I would have never know to take her to the eye doctor! He told me that since we caught this so early she might not have the crossed eyes like Jacob or have to have eye surgery like Jacob did. He did say that she will have to have glasses her whole life, though, but many people have lived with that and I'm sure she will adjust just fine. We finally got her glasses yesterday and at first, it wasn't much fun. She is teething right now so she isn't very happy to begin with, and then with the glasses, she couldn't rub her eyes or rub her face against me. Those are some of the things she always does when she is upset. Well, she would try and she would hit her glasses and it would hurt and she would get even more upset. I felt so badly for her. It only took her about and hour, though, to get used to them! There have only been two time when I found the glasses had slipped off her ears, and she did great about not touching them or pulling them off. She is keeping them on sooo good! I was a little unsure if the doctor was right about her needing glasses because I never saw any signs of it, but now that she has them and never takes them off, I know that she must like being able to see! Well, I think that gets everyone up to date. For those that have already heard this through facebook, you can just enjoy the pictures :)
These two pictures were taken right after she got her glasses and she was rather upset that she kept hitting the glasses and hurting herself.
This one was taken last night and she was already getting happy again!
This last picture was taken this morning and she doesn't act any differently than normal now. It is amazing how quickly babies can get used to things! (She is eating a cracker, if you couldn't tell.)

1 comment:

wendy said...

I love it! She is so cute